The beginning and the end

This week I've been telling people "you can't judge the beginning by the end and you can't judge the end by the beginning."

God is showing me this more and more in my own life. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.”  ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭55:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬ I only see the beginning  and the right now. From this information, I like to play fourtne teller and predict the future but that's not what God wants me to do. He wants me to rest and allow his thoughts and ways to guide my life.
One of my biggest flaws used to be not allowing people to evolve. Once a person showed me who they were I believed them. (Thanks Maya Angelou) Although this is not a bad thing to do, what people show isn't always what God sees. He sees potential and his purpose. I'm beginning to see that too.
We, as humans, get so involved in other people's lives and quick to judge by what we see. But we don't know God's plan. We don't know where he's leading that person. They may have had a rough start but that doesn't mean they won't finish strong. They may have a strong beginning but may limp to the finish line. But both could be apart of his plan, it's unpredictable, we can't always see what he has coming. So before we judge someone's path let's chill and say, "God's got this."

God is good y'all! 

Comments

Popular Posts