Thanks for looking out

It's never a bad thing to thank God for his blessings. We are to acknowledge both God and every good thing he does in our lives. As I continue to monitor the words coming out of my mouth, I realized that I sometimes thank God for things he never sent. Like when I found a red and pink starburst in my pack. I said "thanks God" but that wasn't from him. This is a simple example but stay with me. God told me to throw those starburst away, not to eat them. I was disobedient. I didn't do what he asked then I thanked him for it.

It's like asking God for direction, doing the exact opposite and then thanking him for for blessing you.
I heard a story about a man, God told him to sell his business and live for him. Then his business began to soar. He just knew his growing business was from God but it wasn't. The booming business was not what God promised or said.

We have to monitor whether a blessing is an actual from God or something that's looks good sent from Satan. Satan comes to steal, kill, and destroy. He doesn't come in packages we can easily avoid but rather in a form similar to our desires. He doesn't come in a huge chocolate cake, he comes in starburst candy.
God wants to expose the starburst moments in our lives so we can know his blessings.

God is good y'all

Comments

Popular Posts