VA

I've been trying to figure out what to say/how to react to the events that occurred this past weekend. I have a lot of things to say, but l don't want to bore you with my thoughts. The first thing I think of is
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭22:23-31‬. It is too much to place in a blog, but when you think about it, you should read it. I think of these scriptures because I read them shortly after the election. I believe they paint a picture of where we are.

In bible study this week, we discussed the events of the weekend. How we felt, how we should react, etc.  I told everyone I think God is in a season of showing Americans who we really are vs. who we say we are. It appalling to me everytime someone says America was founded on Christian values. No, it wasn't. The very foundations of this nation are built on the oppersion and death of mass numbers of people. The third stanza of the national anthem says, "No refuge could save the hireling and slave; From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave." I thought I understood why various athletes knelt for the national anthem, but it took on a deeper meaning. Every time we sing this song, we praise the death of slaves and other hired workers in the creation of this country.

Our country doesn't care about its people. It never has. It has only cared about profit and personal gain. (In case you didn't know, this is the exact opposite of what the bible teaches.) Our president was unbothered when hundreds of government workers lost their jobs. I immediately thought these people have to feed their families. He said, "We were looking for budget cuts." Our views are so different.....

I digress... back to bible study this past week. I commented that I was not willing to die for this cause and said I don't believe many other people at the bible study were either. This lady in her sixties told me I was already dead because I am unwilling to die for this. I reflected (as usual), and did not change my stance.

1. Ain't nobody trying to die in general!  And 2. My ultimate goal in life is to glorify Christ. My dying for this cause is not the same as me dying for Christ. For some people it may be, but for me, they are not one in the same. Do I care, yes deeply. But I care about saving the souls of the alt-right much more.

I wish that people would rally around helping people see who Christ is the way we rally around these national events. I wish it were just as easy to get people to boycott music, shows, events, for purity's sake the same way we rally behind social justice issues.

I refuse to make light of what happened on this weekend. There are serious flaws in our national government that create unsafe places for people like myself. This needs to change. But I do want to  think about how I can use this same passion to bring people closer to Christ.

Pray for our country y'all. We need it.

God is good.

Comments

Popular Posts