It is, Until it isn't


Monday, I may get a second part time job. I thank God for the opportunity. I get to earn a little more income and work with cool people while being able to have some time to work toward a few personal goals he just gave me. When the woman originally proposed the job to me back in January, God immediately said no. I heard him distinctly say no. But me being me, I tried anyway after I moved to Atlanta. I called and texted the woman, and she never responded to me. But this past week as I was talking to God I heard him say to call her. So I did, and she answered on the first ring, and we're meeting to discuss a job. I was confused because I knew for sure that God said no at first, and even blocked me, but now its happening.

Also, this job does not line up with what I thought I would be doing with my life. I came here I thought, with life goals. But now if you ask me what I want to do in the future, I have no idea. Somehow, I believe that this is right where God wants me to be. Here he can guide me to where I need to be not necessarily where I want to be. As I was discussing this opportunity with a couple of my friends, I realized that I didn't have a real plan when I moved to Atlanta. It was only to move because God told me to. The path God is sending me down reminds me of his word in Isaiah 55: For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. During this time of transition, these words are comforting. All of my ideas and ways are so much lower than his. The biggest dream I can imagine doesn't even touch his dreams for me. Amen.

I now have an honest, slightly over spiritual answer to what I want to do with my life. I want to please God and follow the plan he has for my life. The reason is because I truly want to live this way. But sadly, I got here because nothing else has panned out and all of my other options dried up. But he got me here, and I guess that's all that matters.

As I was praying, still somewhat confused about this job opportunity, because again I know the answer was no before, God said to me, "It is, until it isn't." I took this to mean it was indeed a no then, but now it's not. His word didn't change. The season did. Now is the time (maybe, I don't have the job yet lol). For some reason, this reminds me of Moses when God told him to strike the rock to bring forth water versus when he told him to speak to the rock. The result was the same, water from a rock but the method changed. "It is, until it isn't." In my life it's the same, the result, following God into the right job he has for me hasn't changed. The method, this new job opportunity, has.

I'm excited about the path God has me own. Mostly because I know he paved it even though it's not always as clear as I want it to be.

God is good y'all.

Comments

Popular Posts