Not too far off

People say all of the time, "you can always come back to God. He never leaves you." I believe this statement is true but way easier said than done. In the last two months I've felt farther away from God than I even have in my entire life. I know some of the reasons but not all as I shouldn't because God's ways are higher than mine. Even after coming out of the time, its been hard for me to feel connected to God. Especially in one area of my life. In this area every time it comes up I doubt whether or not I can hear God and if I can trust him. I told one of my friends "I feel like I'm falling off a cliff." She replied "You're just down the street."

I honestly knew she was right. I'm not far off away from God. I still see him moving in my life. I still feel him working and talking to me even when I don't expect it. I know he cares for me in every moment of my life.

But again, coming back home from the friend's house can sometimes be hard to do. I know I'm just down the street. I know that I can make it back if I simply walk back. I honestly don't know if I want to. It's sometimes easier to live in confusion than come to God and have it sort it out. If he sorts it out then I know the plan and have to live with the plan in mind. I don't know if I want to do that honestly. It's easier to live in the dark sometimes.

I hear God calling me to him in this area of my life. I don't want to keep ignoring, and I don't have to be in confusion for ever. Jesus wants to take this burden from me. I have to actually let it go and give it to him.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-30

I know that I am never too far off from God. That I can come to him at any moment and he will comfort me. I just have to turn around and walk toward him.


God is good y'all!



Comments

Popular Posts