Don't get too comfortable

I recently moved into a home with a family. I live with a husband, wife, and their 1(almost 2) year old son. Its been great! I've learned a lot about families and how to run a house. I've learned what I personally like and dislike in how they run their home among other things.

When I first moved God told me, "Jasmine, don't get too comfortable." I cannot lie for the first 2 months I was really confused and didn't want to get that wrong so I kept it in the back of my head. I didn't do that as much as I forgot that he said that.

Today in church my pastor preached about the walls we have in our lives and that we must keep out certain things and allow other things to stay inside. He asked us what did we need to let go of. I was reminded that I was to not get too comfortable here and that I had done just that.

Before living with other people, I lived alone for about two and half years. Over those years I became accustomed to doing whatever I wanted. That is not to say that I cannot do what I want here because I can but I want to instead spend time with my family. I want to watch what they watch on tv or stay up late laughing and talking with them. I just want to be around them because I love them. We all know good things are not always God things. I must move toward the God things in my life. I have become too comfortable and forgot to spend time with God as he instructs me to.

I am getting back on track now and will move toward saying no to myself and giving myself time to do the things God has called me to do. I have to learn self control.

... therefore be self-controlled and sober minded for the sake of your prayers. 1 Peter 4:7

Peter tells us to be self-controlled for the sake of our prayers, meaning being able to continually pray.
I should have self-control and be ready as God tells me to be.

Pray for me as I get back on track with this in my life.

God is good y'all.


Comments

  1. I like to be comfortable, my life is like a pair of stretchy pants. I like it that way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts