Reasoning With God

"He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, But whoever walks wisely will be delivered." Proverbs 28:26

If you do not know, I am in graduate school. Translation: I basically live from pay check to pay check. So today I questioned paying my tithes. I haven't questioning paying my tithes in at least 5 years. I just knew that if I didn't pay them I would make it for the next two weeks. But then I read the verse above. I soon realized I was trusting in my own heart and not resting on God's promises or being obedient. I love the second part of the verse that says we will be delivered. This reminded me that God asks us to do things for a reason. He would not ask us to do something and have ill intentions. So I paid them needless to say and stand firm on knowing that God will deliver me.

God is good y'all

Comments

Popular Posts