It's not you, it's me

This week I keep asking God: "Why me and why not that other person?" or "Why is their life is so perfect and not mine?" or even "Aren't I closer to you  because I know this about you and they don't?"

And every time God says?, "Jasmine, it's not about them, this is about you." 
And every time (because I'm stubborn) I reply, "but why not?" It's doesn't make sense, from my point of view, that I have to live a life seemingly full of turmoil while  those around me live care free!

God has to remind me that my path is my is my path. He made it especially for me. I'm not to jump on anyone else's path and try to live their fantastic life but I'm to live the life he has set up for me. That life is fantastic as well!!!
I'm grateful for where God has me but sometimes can get upset when God asks me to do something that he doesn't require of someone else. God has been telling me to apologize a lot lately and I don't want to. Especially when that person has offended me and hasn't apologized. But it's not about them. It's about looking more and more like Jesus everyday.

I have to be okay with not understanding or knowing what God is doing in someone else's life. And focus on what he's doing for me, through me, and to me. He's taking me somewhere different, not better or worse just different. I'm thankful God has chosen this path for me. Even though I complain sometimes :)

God is good y'all! 

Comments

Popular Posts